Founded in 1844, H. Upmann presents the first Reserva in its long history. The Upmann No. 2 vitola, Pyramid, its most popular and characteristic.
The leaves were selected from the 2010 Vuelta Abajo harvest and aged for 3 years.
Herman Upmann was a German banker whose love of Habanos led him to settle in Havana in 1840. He founded a bank and a Habanos factory in 1844. The bank eventually closed but the Habanos brand continues on and among the finest with a medium strength flavour.
The gold medals that adorn the box were won by the brand in 11 international fairs during the 19th century and are still a characteristic feature of the brand today.
The blend has been selected by master blenders and evaluated by more than 50 expert tasters organised by the Tobacco Institute. These tasters include members of the National Tasting Commission from the most prestigious factories in Cuba and experts from the Cuban Industry and Habanos s.a., with all of the organoleptic conditions of the proposed blends being assessed.
The tripa -filler- and capote -binder- leaves ( Volado , Seco and Ligero ), and also the capa -wrapper- leaves, that are used in the blend for this first Reserva, have been subjected to a long and painstaking three-year ageing process.
All the H. Upmann Reserva Habanos have been produced completely by hand with Long Filler- by the H. Upmann factory’s most experienced cigar rollers.
This first H. Upmann Reserva has been exclusively produced in 5,000 individually numbered and lacquered cases, as attested to by the numbered plaques inside the lid of each case, which contains 20 units.
|COMMERCIAL NAME||Upmann No. 2 Reserva Cosecha 2010|
|MEASURES||52 ring gauge (20.64 mm) x 156 mm length. Figurado|
|PRESENTATION||Exclusive production of 5,000 individually numbered cases of 20 units each|